Please be advsied that the yearly contract with AmeriGas has been received and reviewed. For the time period of 8/1/2017 to 7/31/2018 the rate per gallon is $1.35.
**Suissevale Members - PLEASE** Don't let this happen to you!
Water and frozen pipe issues in the winter – IMPORTANT! Please read on!
In the past few years we have had home water systems freeze up. If the heat goes out in your home and the water freezes, pipes will burst and your home will suffer severe damage. You will also be liable for the search time to find the leak and water cost.
The property owners are also responsible for the service pipe from the street shut off valve to the house. If you own an older home, you may want to have this pipe replaced as there have been a number of service pipe failures.
Steps to take:
- Each time you leave your home in the winter for extended periods of time, turn off the main water shutoff inside your home.
- Open up sink faucets and let remaining water in your pipes flow out.
- Check your heat setting and level of remaining heating fuel.
IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO USE YOUR HOME ALL WINTER:
- Call the Suissevale Business Office at 603 476-5177 and leave a message with a date when you will stop occupancy for the winter and Suissevale will arrange to have your water shut off at the street
- There is currently no charge for scheduled turn offs water.
What will happen with frozen pipes? When a leak in your unattended home takes place, the loss of water due to the leak will be substantial.
- You will be billed for water lost
- Water lost during a leak is on average 40 gallons per minute +/- (in a 24-hour period that is over 50,000 gallons of water).
- One-year Suissevale lost over 600,000 gallons of water due to water leaks/frozen homes. Members were billed for their gallons lost.
- You will be billed for the cost of personnel searching for the leak
- In one case last year it took over a week to find the leak. This leak resulted in our member being responsible to the association for over $3,000 in charges.
- You will / can have extensive damage in your home
- Carpets, flooring, dry wall, furniture, and personal belongings can be ruined and need to be replaced (major interior damage).
- Members have had water coming out of their basement and 1st floor windows.
Spring time – time to turn on your water – what do I do?
- The owner or someone designated by the owner must be present and able to be in the home before it will be turned on by the Water Operator.
- Please allow the water company a 10-day notice when looking to have water turned back on. There is currently no charge for scheduled turn on of water.
Please call the Suissevale Office at 603 476-5177 or email us at Suissevaleom@gmail.com should you have any questions regarding this notice.
Suissevale Board of Directors
We are excited to inform the Suissevale members of the new Suissevale.com web site.
Please follow THIS LINK to fill in the Registration form. Provide your requested details to request access to the member only areas of our website. Your login details will be emailed to the email address you provide once your account is approved by the administrator.
- Fill out the registration form - once the form is complete
- Click - I’m not a robot
- Click - Create new account
After being approved, you will receive an email to setup your password. After setting up the password, you can log into the site. If you want, you can then click on "My Account" to change various profile details. Initially your profile contains the information you provided when registering.
You can change your "username" to be something other than your email (possibly something shorter) if desired.